Just went online to PAY a bill for something ordered months ago and instead I bought something else!!! I FEEL SICK. Purchase was small but SO Unnecessary. I'm on the phone again to cancel because I can't believe how bad I feel.
I'm only into this a couple of days but the awareness of what you actually or potentially could spend money on is really scary. I find myself wanting to go to the computer or to a store almost automatically without any thought! Yesterday on the way home I automatically turned on the air conditioner in the car. I couldn't believe it. As soon as i realized what I had done I turned it off but it started to occur to me how much spending I've been doing automatically without even thinking of it and now, how I feel about that spending. I can only imagine what my daughter has been taught through my example and what she is thinking. I have included a link to an article I heard on NPR called "This Is Your Brain on Ads: An Internal Battle". How ironic it is that I started this journey and this comes on the radio. Anyway, enjoy, think about it and Don't Spend!
http://www.npr.org/2011/06/14/137175622/this-is-your-brain-on-ads-an-internal-battle
No comments:
Post a Comment